Tuesday, July 31, 2012

a must try banana bread recipe

There are some simple foods that bring comfort to our home. Banana bread is one of the highest ranking edible treats for my guys, both big and little.

My mom passed this recipe along to me. We go classic. Sorry chocolate chip or nut fans, but this bread is sans add-ins.

Recipe for Banana Bread or Banana Bread Muffins...

Ingredients:
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 3/4 c. flour


Steps:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Grease (spray pan or muffin pan)
Mix all ingredients well. Pour into pan.
Bake for 45-60 minutes.





Enjoy my friends!

Much love,
Katie

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this. I have a ton of bananas in the freezer and a large group coming up to our cabin this weekend. This is just what I needed to add a little something to our menu!

Susan said...

There are few things I like as much as banana bread. My kids too!
I use a very similar recipe except with the addition of 2/3 of a cup of sour cream.
Looks delish.

Laurie J said...

oooh, gotta love a recipe that has stuff i've got already! thanks :)
<3 <3 <3

Joy said...

I can smell it from here!

Grace said...

Oh Yum! One of my favorites too. My husband does the baking around here so whenever we have extra bananas I tell him to make some banana bread with extra brown sugar on the top to make it extra crusty on top. I love that! Now you've got me craving it, lol.

Stephanie said...

We love banana bread at the Holden's! I'm gonna try your recipe soon! Thanks for sharing. xxoo