Saturday, November 19, 2011

end of a season

When I signed up my three year old, Jack, up for soccer, I didn't realize he'd be on a team with 5 year olds.

Although the rules of the game were often over his head, he did his best to keep up with the older kids.

Photobucket

It may have to do with the fact that Jack is big kid. Bigger than many 5 year olds, much to the dismay of our 5 year old Charlie.

Photobucket

The kid has a lot of spunk. Sometimes the kid has a little too much spunk if you know what I mean.

Photobucket

It was good for him to have to learn teamwork and how to have fun while playing with peers.

Photobucket

It didn't matter if he often ran the wrong way or stood in an empty part of the field to practice his karate moves.

Because he had fun.

And he got a medal.

Photobucket

After all, that was all he wanted since the start of the season.

Photobucket

Did you notice his stance? The kid has some serious attitude. He's hard core.

Or maybe he was just a tired 3 year old who needed his afternoon nap.

Photobucket

Even kids with a lot of spunk get tuckered out.

Much love,
Katie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! I can't wait to put my 3 year old in soccer this next year. I think he'll love it!

The Olive Tree Blog said...

awwwww! love the last photo!

Anonymous said...

Love! My littlest guy sounds alot like yours!

Karen said...

Love the last pic of Jack napping!