Saturday, October 8, 2011

halloween banner

I saw this on Pinterest.

Photobucket

I thought it would be a perfect rainy afternoon craft for the boys.

Photobucket

I was right.

My prior elementary school teacher mode kicked into high gear.

I precut the triangles and various facial features. I even bagged each separate face for the kids to complete.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jack (3) found a way to keep himself busy as I prepped.

Photobucket

My 3, 5 and 8 year olds could have cut them out, but I'm a control freak and wanted it to look perfect.

All of that went out the window once Charlie (5) made his jack-o-lantern Tom Selleck.

Photobucket

Rumor has it that I even exclaimed, "pumpkins don't have mustaches!"

I even annoy myself with my perfectionism.

Of course they can have mustaches. To be honest, his is my favorite one hanging because of that killer stache.

I used sticky tabs to mount the web ribbon and stapled the faces on because I didn't have clothes pins.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am apparently better at going with the flow when it comes to staples compared to mustaches.

Photobucket

Much love,
Katie

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Alyss said...

Great banner! Looks perfect with all the imperfections.

Erin said...

Love the pre-bagged craft...and the stash. Ellie would have done the same thing! Isn't it amazing the things we learn from our kids?

{cuppakim} said...

HAHAHA! I made this TODAY too!! It was one of my "house is clean now i can craft crafts" sending you a pic of it right now!

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

very very cute!

ℋeatherღ said...

Love this idea! The banner turned out super cute!

Rebecca said...

you were right! fall is definitely helping you get your craft on, in a GOOD way!

i'm the same way ~ always find myself reeling back in comments like the 'mustache' one & 'it' annoys me too! ;)

missmehoneybee said...

Great job guys. Love it. Especially the kitty.

Kimberlee Haag @ Enough Faith for Today said...

This made me laugh! I am SO a control freak too! Glad we can laugh at ourselves sometimes ;) XoXo

susan jakovina said...

LOL! It's perfect!

Greta said...

Yeah, the stash is awesome. You go Mama!
Love from,
Greta

Janna said...

Oh my gosh - that's SO CUTE!!! At least you didn't have my bat banner drama that turned me into Mommy Dearest.

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

We're not Halloween people here but Im totally diggin that owl. My girls would love to make something like this:)

grey rose (they/them) said...

adorable!! and now i want a tom selleck pumpkin!! xo