Thursday, February 3, 2011

colores in costa rica

From the moment we landed in Costa Rica and I stepped down the stairs to depart from the plane, I was drawn in by the bright colors. From the cheery lime greens of of the swaying palms to the glistening turquoise sea, Costa Rica is color rich.

Every color in a Crayola 24 count, um... make that 48 count box was everywhere around our swanky resort...











The plus side of our hotel provided by the hubby's company: It was the Four Seasons, Darling

The ONLY bummer: It was far from any towns, which meant we had hotel isolation. This worked well for the time that we just wanted to laze around the pool and be treated like a king and queen. However, when I travel, I am a "do-er" and l crave to learn about how the people live, work, and carry about their typical lives.

On our adventure day of canopy zip-lining, horseback riding, and rafting, we drove 1 1/2 hours to our location. We drove through a few towns along the way. I love the bright colors used for the homes. A bit of a bummer that I had to take these shots while riding in a moving tourist van...







I also snapped some shots of color happy signs and arcitecture at our adventure site...





And well, I simply could not resist the urge to snap a pic of this truck for my lil' Jack-Jack.



The company dinner parties (apologize for i-phone)





And don't even get me started on texture. It was all over the place and I'll be back to show you in a few days.

Much love,
Katie

No comments: