Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Great Debate

Compromise. It is not always an easy thing to do.

I’ve learned throughout my almost 11 years of marriage that most problems are resolved through compromise. It was not an easy lesson to learn and it is most certainly one that I have not perfected. Despite my increasing flexibility when it comes to compromising, there is ONE thing that Kevin and I will NEVER see eye to eye on because neither of us plan on meeting half way.

We’ve tried.

And failed.

Curious yet? I'll tell you. You know I'm not too embarrassed by much. Here it is:




Toothpaste.

Yes my friends, Kevin and I cannot compromise on toothpaste. He’s a life-long Colgate guy and I’m a devoted Crest girl. I have to give him credit, though. The brave man did try at one point to convert. However, it didn’t last long. His Colgate devotion runs too deep.

Downside: I continue to buy our own separate toothpaste.

Upside: I don’t have to nag him about putting the cap back on.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I am siding with your hubby - colgate all the way!!!! :D

MA said...

COLGATE? Where did he get a taste for that. We've been Crest users for years. Maybe forever. I don't know Katie, maybe he was switched at birth.

AMedina said...

OMG! I had no idea there were other people out there like us! I am a Crest girl and Art is Colgate. That is too funny. We switch between the two depending who shops for the refill. So I guess we compromise, too. I HATE Colgate!

Anonymous said...

Ma - Grandpa and Grandma... :-)