Friday, September 24, 2010

Just You and Me Kid

The school year is in full force. Luke is in school all day and Charlie is in preschool 3 half days during the week, which means I have some one-on-one time with Jack. Being the 3rd, he rarely gets that. He's never alone. Simply said, it is nice.

I think he truly relishes being home alone with me. I love it too...just the two of us.



Luke was the lone kid in the house for 3 1/2 years. We were buds and that time with him was precious. Charlie, being in the middle, never got that time. And the fact that he was 7 months old when I got pregnant with Jack, meant that he got the short end of the stick. No special mommy and Charlie days at Disneyland, the beach, or the park like I did with his big brother.

But Jack, he's lucky. He gets to have that time. And I'm lucky too because he's the last one and I get to savor this time with him.

So today we decided to hang at home instead of rushing to the gym after dropping the big boys off at school.

Being home with one...

Means I see a quiet kid sitting by himself "reading" on the sofa instead of destroying his brother's brick block towers...



Means there is one empty seat in the double stroller which at one time or another carried any combination of my 3 babes...





Means there was plenty of time to stop for self declared breaks by Jack on our walk to visit the horses. He doesn't have the same stamina (thank goodness) of his brothers. No pressure to keep going today...







Means there was time to teach Jack about shadows and do the crazy shadow dance...





And then he would randomly hug me and say, "Mama! Today is a good day!"

I thought to myself, "Yes, Jack Jack, it is." Ah, I think I'm going to like this time.

2 comments:

Kellee the Caffeinated said...

Isn't it nice? Kai and I had our first alone time last week!!!! It was so amazing!!! Enjoy!

~Kellee

Leah said...

sounds kind of relaxing! enjoy it, you'll blink and it will be time for him to start school too!