Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Random Happies

Today was a day of random happies. Yeah, yeah, I know happies is not a real noun, but there were a lot of things today that made me happy and I'm summing them up into one thing: happies.

1. Kevin's latest scans show that he is still cancer free two years post diagnosis and treatment. Take that melanoma!

2. After experiencing some summer blues due to kids fighting and feeling like we've done everything there is to do, I decided today was going to be a fun day at home no matter what.

So we did a little of this...









A little of that...









And heck yeah, it looked like so much fun that even I had to get in on the action...



And when the sun was setting and we got the kids prepped for bed, Charlie came in from the garage with a left over package of glow in the dark rings from our camping trip (they were intended for the girls in our group). He came up to me and offered me one of his.



He could have kept both of them. But he didn't. He's that kind of kid. He even asked me which color I wanted. Talk about sacrifice. Love him.

Oh, and I almost forgot this...



I've tried some fancy, expensive probiotics in the past, but my kids had radar for it and always detected in their food and drinks. This is like magic. LOVE IT. You can find it at Target.

What a great day of random happies. What are your random happies?

3 comments:

Greta said...

So, so glad to hear about Kevin. The rest of your day looks fun too.
And those wood floors look great!!!!
Love from,
Greta

MA said...

Of course hearing Kevin's great news is my favorite "random happie". Seeing Luke first thing in the morning and having him come up to me with a greeting makes me smile. Seeing the three boys in the back seat of Kevin's car makes me laugh. I flashback on those days with my little boys who are now awesome men I couldn't be prouder of.

Leah said...

yay! good news for both of us this week. very happy :)