Sunday, August 22, 2010

Park City 2010

There it was. Park City. After two days of driving 6 hours each day...we arrived. Thank God. The mountain sides dotted with green and brown, and blue skies swiped with wispy paint brushed clouds were breathtaking. It was worth the drive, the screaming, the fighting, and my sanity.

Here's the low-down:

Day 1:

After hiking up the hard way, we really wished someone could have put this sign where our hike began…



I heart random finds…





Once we returned from the hike, the kids had time to craft, drink root beer floats and splash in the cool pool. Perfect.

And for the grown ups? We finished the night with a mean game of dominos...





Don't mess with the hubs.



What to do when no one can start the game? Kindly let one person draw 1st? Not in our family. Rock-Paper-Scissors is the way to go.

Day 2:

If you know me well, you know that I am not ashamed to admit that I am a total wimp and that I have the greatest fear of heights known to man. Trying to be a good sport, I sucked it up for the sake of fun and got on the death machine otherwise known as the gondola.

Before:



About to take off (notice the tense fear). I think Kevin was enjoying this. Sick man!



On…





And don't be fooled by the smile. I was certain of my death.

We hiked once we were there. Again, it was all worth it…







Day 3: Rocky Mountain Resort

Lots of fun activities for the kids (and parents!)…







And best of all…time spent with family and creating rich memories.



P.S. The winner for the Starbucks gift card is...Leah. Enjoy a coffee date with a friend or your hubby! Your name was drawn out of a bowl by 2 year old Jack. Congrats!! You can inbox me your address on Facebook. : ) Yay!!!

No comments: